Salary: Up to £28,000 per annum
Full Time, Permanent
We are recruiting for an Advanced Learner Tutor Technical IT to deliver an IT Level 3 Diploma. The tutor will ensure there is effective learning delivered in the training room (or online as needed) and ensure that learners achieve their maximum potential throughout the programme.
The IT tutor will aim to achieve the expected Learner % Success Rates & Timely achieved rates.
- Provide an engaging, stimulating and varied programme of delivery in line with the required qualification specification to include full delivery of all learning aims and/or functional skills embedded throughout the programme as appropriate
- Providing appropriate feedback and maintaining records of learners’ progress and development.
- Design, develop and deliver an integrated programme to ensure that levels of teaching and learning are high at all times. This needs to include use of a range of delivery methods to take into account individual learning styles of all learners.
- Preparing learners for qualifications and external examination
- Use a range of techniques and resources tailored to the individual’s needs to support the learner throughout their learner journey towards achievement.
- Ensure that all students receive the appropriate level of support they need and identify any additional learning needs where applicable.
- Managing learner behaviour in the training room and on training centre premises
- Applying appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour
- Undergoing regular observations of teaching and learning as part of continuing professional development (CPD)
- Take an active part in Ofsted inspections including participation in all meetings, training and standardisations as deemed necessary by the company as well as completing and logging own CPD carried out in line with maintaining occupational competence in your area of expertise.
- Manage a caseload effectively, including detailed timely completion of paperwork to comply with all ESFA funding rules and Ofsted Regulations.
- Work with the Head of Skills Quality and Internal Quality Assurer’s (IQA) to maintain and improve the quality framework across direct delivery programmes including observations of learning, performance management and supporting the Self-Assessment process.
- Formal Teaching Qualification (PGCE, PTLL’s, CTLLs etc)
- CompTIA A+ / Network+
- Relevant Microsoft Qualifications (MCSA, MCSE)
- Proven training room delivery experience
- Proven training room management experience
- Advanced IT Technician industry experience
- Strong administrative experience (Managing work submission and tracking)
- Coaching and mentoring