We are recruiting for a Self-Employment Adviser who will be responsible for supporting participants with credible self-employment plans and progress them to successful trading.
A Self Employment Adviser will use a variety of techniques including effective diagnosis, individual and group coaching, maximising on any Participant funding available to achieve sustainable employment in self-employment.
• Provides a good customer service to Participants including meeting and greeting Participants in a professional way
• Explains the detail of the programme, and our SE offer, including ensuring the Participant understands their rights and responsibilities, whilst registering the Participant in accordance to contractual obligations and eligibility criteria.
• Identifies and utilises various approaches where appropriate such as Better Off Calculations (BOC), visionary goal setting, and applicable financial incentives to sell the benefits of the programme and to adequately diagnose barriers to SE.
• Identifies, clarifies and manages the Participant expectations of the process including data protection, confidentiality and ground rules of the programme and the relationship in order to achieve buy-in to the programme.
• Liaises with relevant partners to inform them of Participant registration, to assist with first level and/or deeper level barriers as appropriate.
• Identifies appropriate short and long term solutions' and interventions as required by the Participant’s needs, programme constraints and realistic plans for self-employment.
• A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma
• GCSE English Language at a minimum of a Grade B (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). OR achievement of a Level 2 in Literacy Assessment at interview stage