We are recruiting a Practice Manager for the Leaving Care Service. The role will support the Service Manager on day to day operational issues and will deputise in their absence. The Practice Manager will supervise some social workers and Personal Advisors and guide and support them with their work. There may be some co working of complex cases to ensure quality and consistency and to disseminate learning across the Pathways team. The Pathway Team works with; looked after children, unaccompanied asylum seekers and care leavers aged 16 to 25 to support them in their transition to adulthood. The team is a mixture of qualified social workers and personal advisers who work directly with young people to overcome the barriers that they face, support them into independence and inspire them to achieve their potential.
- Current registration as a Social Worker with the HCPC
- Some experience of supervisory responsibility
- Detailed knowledge of the legislative framework, national policy and best practice in relation to looked after children, care leavers and unaccompanied asylum seekers.
- Ability to apply social work theory to practice and support others to do so to aid learning
- Ability to present and disseminate information to support learning and development of social care staff.
- Ability to identify indicators of risk and carry out effective risk assessment
- Experience of promoting services to partner agencies, young people or the wider community.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understanding of the health and safety requirements and how these apply within this setting.
- Competent in the use of IT equipment and systems
- An ability to support and develop others within a social work setting
- To monitor a fair duty system.
- Professional Social Work qualification ( DipSW, social work degree)
- Evidence of a Post Qualifying award
- Solid employment history post qualification
- Practice Educator (desirable)
- Registered with the Health Care Professionals Council
- Evidence of recent training as a commitment to personal and professional development.
Knowledge & Experience
- In-depth knowledge of social work with children looked after and care leavers
- Evidence of substantial post qualifying training and development
- Experience of supervisory responsibility
- Experience in delivering and identifying services that have led to positive outcomes for young people.
- Good knowledge and ability to apply a critical and ethical understanding of relevant guidance and legislation.
- Experience of effective performance management and quality frameworks.