About HMPYOI Feltham
HMYOI Feltham is a Young Offenders Institute located in Feltham, London.
Prospects provides education for all young people within Feltham Young Offenders Institution and has increased the number of hours a young person in custody at Feltham spends in education each week to equip them with qualifications and skills to break the cycle of reoffending when they leave detention.
The establishment’s regime includes academic education (full/part-time), workshops and vocational training in a wide range of industry.
Responsibilities (to include but aren’t limited to)
- To develop the curriculum in line with national requirements, local community needs, and the needs of employment.
- To develop young people-centred teaching and learning strategies, which contribute to increased retention, achievement and progression.
- To provide regular feedback to young people and to give group and individual tutorial support to enable them to achieve maximum benefit from their course or programme.
- To support the Employer Engagement Manager in the development of work placement, and work based learning opportunities for the young people.
- 26 days holiday rising to 28 after 10 years’ service
- Group personal pension plan where the company single matches up to a maximum of 6%
- Access to various salary sacrifice schemes such as Child vouchers, cycle2work
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Schemes
Offer of employment to this role is subject to proof of relevant qualifications. If a candidate does not have a Level 2 in Maths and/or English, any offer made will be provisional and subject to satisfactory completion of these qualifications. Evidence of successful completion must be provided within six weeks from the date the provisional offer is made, or the offer will be revoked.