The successful candidate will deliver up to level 3 qualifications, be familiar with the main mechanics awarding organisations and have experience with hybrids, motorbikes and mopeds.
Full time roles available and salary ranges from £24,211 to £36,592 per annum depending on qualifications and experience. Offers will be subject to a DBS and enhanced security clearance.
About HMPYOI Feltham
HMYOI Feltham is a Young Offenders Institute located in Feltham, London. Prospects provides education for all young people within Feltham Young Offenders Institution and has increased the number of hours a young person in custody at Feltham spends in education each week to equip them with qualifications and skills to break the cycle of reoffending when they leave detention. The establishment’s regime includes academic education (full/part-time), workshops and vocational training in a wide range of industry.
Responsibilities (to include but aren’t limited to)
- To teach on a range of courses as directed.
- To be involved in all processes and Prospects Feltham YOI procedures related to the selection, interviewing, admissions, enrolment, induction and tracking of young people.
- To develop the curriculum in line with national requirements, local community needs, and the needs of employment.
- To develop young people-centred teaching, learning and assessment strategies, which contribute to increased retention, achievement and progression.
- To prepare and monitor appropriate syllabuses, schemes of work, lesson plans, assignments, assessment plans and learning outcomes in line with Prospects Feltham YOI and awarding body requirements.
- To provide regular feedback to young people and to give group and individual tutorial support to enable them to achieve maximum benefit from their course or programme.
- To observe procedures for young people monitoring, discipline, security and complaints in accordance with the Prospects Feltham YOI Charter.
- To compile and maintain course and young people records.
- To contribute to the Prospects Feltham YOI’s annual assessment and review process, including comprehensive review and evaluation of the area of work for which s/he is responsible.
- To support the Employer Engagement Manager in the development of work placement, and work based learning opportunities for the young people.
- Occupationally competent in the Motor Vehicle sector
- Possession of a relevant teaching or training qualification (e.g. PTTLS, DTTLS, PGCE).
- Possession of A1 Assessor Award (or equivalent)
- Experience of teaching on and assessing accredited Motor Vehicle vocational qualifications from Entry Level to Level 3
- Evidence of ability to assess effectively and to prepare relevant materials.
- An ongoing interest in and knowledge of recent developments in Motor Vehicle vocational qualifications
- An awareness of the pastoral and the vocational needs of young people from a variety of backgrounds and the ability to respond to those needs positively and sensitively.
- Commitment to an inclusive education
- Experience of working as a member of a team and evidence of the ability to work effectively with colleagues.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, equal opportunities policies and practical ideas for their implementation in this post.
- An understanding of and commitment to the welfare and safety of children, young people and vulnerable adults within a Further Education and Young Offenders Institution context.
- 26 days holiday rising to 28 after 10 years’ service
- Group personal pension plan
- Access to various salary sacrifice schemes such as Child vouchers, cycle2work
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Schemes
By applying for this role, you are agreeing to your CV being held on our database, stored confidentially and securely. Your CV will be used and kept only to provide the recruitment services you have requested from us, we will only send your details to clients once discussed with you and your data will not be shared with any other third party. You can ask for the deletion or correction of your data, or to opt out of this service at any point by informing CFA.