We are recruiting a Management Accountant on a fixed term contract until the end of August 19. This role is working for a Charity organisation who are based close to Bromley South Station, which is less than 20 minutes from London Victoria. The role is full time and upon completion of the contract a £2,000 bonus will be awarded.
- Ensuring that the monthly management accounts for specified Business Units are completed accurately and in a timely manner in accordance with the Group timetable.
- Preparing and monitoring budgets and re-forecasts for the specified Business Units in accordance with Group timetables.
- Provide support on a day to day basis to specified Business Unit Operations Directors, Operations Managers & staff when required.
- To support colleagues in achieving profitable growth and reviewing areas for cost or efficiency savings.
- Provide financial support and information to new business activities, including involvement in bid writing, thereby minimising financial risk of new onerous contracts.
- Ensuring that balance sheet accounts are fully reconciled and supported by appropriate documentation on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring that satisfactory financial evidence is in place to meet audit requirements in respect of income claimed against specific expenditure on projects.
- Working with the Finance Manager/Group Financial Controller to ensure that regular financial performance reviews are held with budget holders and that relevant training is provided to raise the financial awareness and ability of non-finance managers within the specified Business Units.
- Ensuring contractual requirements are met in a timely manner in respect of financial information or returns required to be delivered to Local Authorities or other funders.
- Provide finance support on specific projects including those funded by the European Social Fund that require external audit.
- Create payments on internet banking system in response to authorised payment requests for authorisation by approved authorisers.
- Support the production of monthly and quarterly sales invoices for the specified Business Units and assist credit control so that the invoices are paid in accordance with agreed credit terms.
- Prepare information for VAT return for any designated subsidiary companies for inclusion in Group VAT return where applicable.
- Support colleagues generally, with queries that may arise and resolve budget holders’ specific issues with their projects.
- Part qualified (ACCA or CIMA) but not necessarily pursuing full qualification, with prior experience of management accounting in a commercial environment
- Advanced IT skills particularly Excel, including use of MS Queries
- Good time management skills and the ability to build effective relationships
- Good communication skills and the ability to effectively convey financial information to audiences of all levels
- Excellent attention to detail, capable of preparing management accounts and reconciliations with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, for review by Finance Manager/ Group Financial Controller.
- An enthusiastic person who is organised, diligent and hard working. They must have a confident personality and be pro-active in their work
By applying for this role, you are agreeing to your CV being held on our database, stored confidentially and securely. Your CV will be used and kept only to provide the recruitment services you have requested from us, we will only send your details to clients once discussed with you and your data will not be shared with any other third party. You can ask for the deletion or correction of your data, or to opt out of this service at any point by informing CFA.