Learning Support Assistants (in custody)
Location: HMP YOI Feltham, Greater London
Salary: £19,473 per annum
Full Time posts available
These roles offer the opportunity to study and gain Qualified Teacher Learning & Skills Status.
Feltham YOI is a secure environment. Full time roles will consist of 24 hours teaching and 12 hours non-teaching per week. You will be subject to a DBS check and enhanced security clearance which an take approximately 6 weeks. These are NOT term time only posts.
- The post holder will be required to comply with a number of policies and procedures including Health and Safety legislation in connection with the work and to be aware of any special requirements associated with the role (e.g. security and confidentiality issues) and current child protection, diversity and other appropriate policies and procedures
- On a day-to-day basis the Specialist Learning Support Assistant (SpLSA) will work under the guidance of the SENCo, Teacher or other designated staff.
- Minimum Level 2 in Literacy and Numeracy or GCSE (Maths and English)
- Experience of young people and related issues
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, both with young people and a wide range of professionals, both within the establishment and in the community
By applying for this role, you are agreeing to your CV being held on our database, stored confidentially and securely. Your CV will be used and kept only to provide the recruitment services you have requested from us, we will only send your details to clients once discussed with you and your data will not be shared with any other third party. You can ask for the deletion or correction of your data, or to opt out of this service at any point by informing CFA.