We are currently recruiting motivated and passionate IAG advisers to provide careers information, advice and guidance to prisoners in custody using various methods of delivery. You will support customers into positive learning and employment outcomes in custody and through the gate.
You will provide careers advice and information to a caseload of prisoners, helping them to achieve work, learning and personal development goals. You will document advice and goals in an agreed Personal Learning Plan or Skills Action Plan.
The role will involve coordinating careers/ employment fairs, sector specific talks, employer visits and motivational events. Working with a variety of organisations and resettlement partners to meet prisoners personal learning and employment goals whilst recording all interactions and updating case notes.
Meet all standards for quality of service; safeguarding, information and data security, and any other standards to meet contract requirements. Attend custody meetings and where required travel to external events and training to support CPD. Work collaboratively with staff of all levels to deliver holistic joined up services, supporting multi-agency initiatives.
- Ideally hold, as a minimum, Level 4 Diploma in Careers Information and Advice or NVQ 4 in Advice & Guidance. Level 3 IAG qualifications will also be considered.
- Level 2 English and Math or equivalent
- Experience in delivery of careers advice to adults, individually or in groups, in custody or in the community.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- High standard of administrative/ICT skills, able to use digital platforms to enhance the learner experience, e.g. Virtual Campus.
- Able to promote the service and maintain professional relationships with partners.
- Good team player, able to work as part of the in-custody team.
- Able to use own initiative and capable of lone working.
- Able to work flexible hours as and when required.
- Able to work in a target driven environment, and ability to meet or exceed contract targets.