Functional Skills Tutor
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000 per annum
Contract: 12 months
We are recruiting for a Functional Skills Tutor / Assessor to work throughout Leicester.
The role will provide a varied programme of delivery in line with the required qualification specifications and offer an integrated programme of teaching, training, support mentoring and development of learners.
You will ensure that all learners within your caseload have a learning plan to ensure achievement of all elements of Functional Skills required and encourage and support all learners to required level. Work with Teaching Assessors to develop individual plans for supporting and embedding of Functional Skills.
This is a peripatetic role which will require delivery of skills contracts which will be geographically assigned to the role by sector competence.
Experience and Qualifications required Essential
- L2 or equivalent in Functional Skills Maths, English & ICT
- DTTLS/ Cert. Ed/PGCE or willingness to work towards
- Sector knowledge and experience
- Geographically able to work with learners in a required area
- D32/33/A1 or equivalent training/assessment related qualification
- Knowledge on Qualification Credit Framework
- Knowledge and understanding of appropriate quality and compliance frameworks e.g. Common Inspection Framework and Matrix
- Knowledge of training and/or assessment delivery
- Proven ability in project planning and meeting time, cost and quality targets
- Strong awareness and proactive approach to Health & Safety issues
- Able to monitor and maintain records in accordance to GDPR legislation.
- Competent in use of IT including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to intermediate user level
- Full driving licence and full access to the use of a car
- Knowledge of Government Funding streams including ESFA, JCP, DWP, and private funding etc.
- Working knowledge of H&S legislation and employment law
- Skilled in customer and employer engagement liaison
- Able to ensure contractual compliance and provide financial and performance information to agreed specifications
- Demonstrate up to date occupational competence
- Experience of working with a wide range of learners with mixed abilities
- Experience of working in a changing business environment, autonomously, and the ability to work to deadlines and meet targets