We are recruiting a Functional Skills IQA to support to transform people’s lives through Skills, Employment, Enterprise and Innovation. This role will be based in the North of England and will require National travel depending on course location with the possibility of overnight travel prior to and for the duration of the course. Due to the travel required applicants must hold a full driving licence and have full access to a vehicle.
- Be responsible for enhancing the quality of the Functional Skills curriculum at all levels through carrying out quality assurance activities in line with quality assurance policies.
- With the Lead IQA Team Leader and in support of the Assistant Director of Teaching, Learning and Assessment ensure this curriculum area is always “inspection ready” to maintain the existing grade 1 (Outstanding) Ofsted status.
- Monitor the ongoing quality of Functional Skills Teaching Assessor and IQA outputs through a schedule of monitoring activity remotely on OneFile (e-portfolio) and/or through sampling paper portfolios and through undertaking observation of IQA activity reporting the outputs to the Lead IQA Team Leader.
- Demonstrate and disseminate innovation and best practice in teaching, learning and assessment across all levels of the Functional Skills curriculum helping to ensure that very high standards of teaching and assessment are achieved and that standards are continually challenged for improvement.
- Carry out observations of all learner interactions in line with the groups observation policy and process with a focus on Functional Skills programmes at all levels ensuring that each teaching assessor has in place a robust development plan with clear targets set to support continuous improvement.
- Contribute to achieving the required standard of lesson observations and improve the overall grading profile as determined by the Observation policy.
- Ensure all teaching assessors can provide their learners with the support to meet their individual learning needs to meet their full potential and are fully prepared for Functional Skills requirements of end point assessment (EPA) achieving their highest possible grade.
- Working in collaboration with the Advanced Teaching and Learning Practitioner (Functional Skills) lead on the embedding and promotion of Functional Skills across all generic curriculum areas and improve the percentage pass rate of Functional Skills ensuring all learners are stretched and challenged to achieve the highest level they can.
- Working with appropriate managers, address individual teaching assessor performance issues which are deemed to be below the required standards and if necessary, engage with their line managers.
- Extensive experience in a teaching, learning and assessment role delivering and internally verifying functional Skills, English, Maths and ICT provision within the adult/further education sector.
- Experience of carrying out internal quality assurance of Functional Skills provision
- Teaching qualification such as a Certificate or Diploma in Education and Training or equivalent or working towards
- Assessor Award
- IQA qualification
- Subject specialist qualification in English/Mathematics
All Roles will require a satisfactory DBS Disclosure check due to the nature of the work to be undertaken.