We are currently recruiting for an Employment Advisor specialising in Mental Health. This role will involve working daily with participants, health professionals, volunteers and service providers. Employment Advisers are focused on making sure a person’s journey into employment, with associated improved social inclusion and well-being, is as easy as possible.
- Maintain and support a caseload of individual participants, providing assessment to address need, action planning to address barriers to employment and ongoing support to improve employability pre- and post-employment.
- To engage effectively with partner employer engagement teams to identify appropriate employment opportunities for people
- To support individual production of CVs and application forms and co-ordinate and deliver preparatory activity to support participants into work, e.g. delivery of interview technique training or co-ordination of referral to specialist community-based services.
- To develop and provide vocational guidance to people, assisting with identifying their key strengths and appropriate career direction.
- To work with employers to promote the service, identify job opportunities and ensure appropriate strategies are in place to reduce barriers in the workplace.
- To provide a quality service by conducting regular visits, effective monitoring, evaluation support and guidance to participants and employers.
- To assist with job retention through the delivery and coordination of ongoing support.
- To liaise effectively within the Trust and with all appropriate partners.
- To carry out effective and efficient procedures, producing appropriate records/reports as required.
- To maintain awareness of employment and disability issues.
- To attend Area, Regional and National meetings as required.
- To adhere to the Trust’s policies and procedures.
- Experience within an employment advice and/or community mental health or wellbeing setting
- Ability to turn around the lives of people through engagement and inclusion
- Strong track record of achieving positive outcomes
- Able to motivate people, work well in a team and stay focused under pressure
- Passionate about reducing the impact of stigma on people’s lives and opportunities
- IAG level 4 or willing to work towards Level 4.
- Relevant additional training in the health and social care field, including safeguarding, motivational interviewing, mental health awareness
- Previous experience of working with people with Mental Health issues
- Knowledge of the Individual Placement and Support Model
- Knowledge of training.
This post requires a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure at Enhanced Level