We are currently seeking an Employer Engagement Consultant for the Work and Health Programme contract in Birmingham. The successful candidate will use commercial engagement, sales and recruitment skills along with knowledge and experience to identify and engage with local employers to generate long term relationships and match our services to employer needs.
- Manage the identification and development of a range of employment opportunities for programme participants to meet their individual employment needs and aspirations.
- Work closely with Support Managers to move participants into appropriate employment as quickly as possible.
- Identify, engage and account manage local employers to develop an understanding of their workforce development needs and how to support them.
- Promote the benefits of inclusive employment practices to employers across your region.
- Encourage employers to join an employer pledge scheme and gain recognition as a Disability
- Confident employer.
- Lead locally on the development and maintenance of effective relationships with employers, public sector organisations, employer forums, and other key stakeholder groups linking in with the National Team and operational staff as appropriate.
- Take all opportunities to sell to employers the services available to them and the benefits to their organisation.
- Working with other frontline staff and the National Team to design bespoke recruitment, workforce develop and support packages to meet the needs of partner employers.
- Set up and run employer engagement activities across your region.
- Maintain records of available opportunities and employer requirements, sharing information across internal delivery, our supply chain and other business streams as appropriate.
- Work with employers to develop and agree appropriate pre-employment training for participants.
- Liaise with employers and Support Managers to jointly agree post-employment support for both employers and participants.
Essential Person Specification
- Minimum of 5 GSCEs (A to C) or equivalent qualifications
- Holding or able to achieve NVQ Level 3 Sales and Marketing or Customer Service (or equivalent)
- Demonstrable experience of the recruitment or sales sector
- Proven experience of meeting and exceeding targets
- Experience of engaging and gaining commitment from employers, local authorities, health service providers and voluntary sector organisations.
- Experience of proactively selling services to businesses
- Knowledge of the local labour market.
- Understanding of employer expectations and accessing career opportunities.
- An understanding of, and positive attitude towards: mental and physical wellbeing; community and social inclusion; and a barriers faced by disabled people and the long term unemployed in the labour market.
- An understanding of the requirements of health and safety risk assessments in the workplace.
- Experience within the employment, training or skills sectors
- Experience of developing tailored service packages to businesses to meet their workforce development and recruitment needs.
- Lived experience of local community and participant groups – reflecting demographics
- Knowledge of disabilities and common health conditions and their impact on finding work
- Knowledge of benefit system and employability programmes.
- Local community knowledge – knowing what provision and support services are available locally
By applying for this role, you are agreeing to your CV being held on our database, stored confidentially and securely. Your CV will be used and kept only to provide the recruitment services you have requested from us, we will only send your details to clients once discussed with you and your data will not be shared with any other third party. You can ask for the deletion or correction of your data, or to opt out of this service at any point by informing CFA.