As this role is peripatetic, the ideal applicant must hold a full driving licence, and have full access to a vehicle.
Applications will be ongoing and close once the successful candidate has been appointed.
We are recruiting a Construction Site Management Teaching Assessor to Deliver a Vocational Qualification whilst assessing, teaching and ensuring the development of learner’s skills in the construction Trade.
• To work with learners giving practical instruction and vocational experience in site management/quantity surveying in construction by teaching and assessing. Ensure that the learners have an effective learning experience by providing high quality guidance and advice and by enhancing their knowledge retention, progression and employability skills.
• Plan, review and deliver practical quality sessions giving comprehensible instructions to learners. Development of course delivery material. Produce schemes of work, lesson plans and other content for training delivery and to maintain these materials to a high standard. To liaise with line managers on visit arrangements.
• Prepare lesson plans and schemes of work. Complete registers accurately on a daily basis. Demonstrate good practice in teaching and learning.
• Support and guide learners in achieving CSCS card and vocational qualifications where necessary.
• Monitor attendance, punctuality and progress whilst building portfolios with learners and file learner’s documentation as required. Assess learners work and cross reference against standards
• Ensure learners achieve a construction qualification
• Understand and adhere to all responsibilities to ensure that the quality requirements of the organisations Quality Assurance Framework, the prime contractor, funding body, Investors In People, OFSTED, Matrix, Awarding Body standards and all other standards required by stakeholders are maintained.
• Attend training as identified through reviews with your line manager and the company’s appraisal process, or as identified by the prime contractor.
• Work flexibly across offices, as and when directed by your line manager.
• Promote the principles of Equality and Diversity and ensure that the policy is fully applied, at all times
• Understand and adhere to all personal responsibilities under Health & Safety and Safeguarding procedures, and ensure that the policies are adhered to, at all times
• Ensure that the Code of Conduct, Data Protection, Harassment & Bullying, Confidentiality, Anti-Fraud, Data Security and all other policies of the Company are fully applied, at all times
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Occupational competency in site management at NVQ level 4 and above with knowledge of quantity surveying
• Understanding of Health and Safety regulations within the construction industry.
• Experience of delivering training to a diverse audience including youth and potentially people with disabilities.
• Full clean driving licence.
• DBS Check
• TAQA qualification,
• CSCS card (black preferably), Health and Safety Construction
• Understanding of training standards, OFSTED and quality compliance
• Evidence of supporting learner’s success
• Experience and ability to teach a broad base of construction
• Very good standard of oral and written communication: Numeracy and Literacy- GCSEs at grade A-C or equivalent
• Ability to meet targets and deadlines
• Good organisation and administrative skills
• Commitment to Quality
• Ability to deliver site induction and toolbox talks
• Ability to deal effectively and to communicate with people at all levels
• PTTLS or Level 3 Certificate in Education and Training
• Level 4/5/6/7/ NVQ in Construction site management or similar related qualifications
OTHER SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION ABOUT ROLE:
The apprentices are in trainee site management and trainee quantity surveying roles but are on the same qualification pathway.
All Roles will require an enhanced DBS Disclosure check due to the nature of the work to be undertaken.