Salary: £24,652 to £37,095 pa (depending on qualifications and experience)
Location: Feltham Young Offenders Institute, Feltham
Part Time, 18 hours per week – Permanent
Feltham YOI is a secure environment, full time roles available. You will be subject to a DBS check and enhanced security clearance which can take approximately 6 weeks. These are NOT term time only posts.
- To develop the curriculum in line with the national requirements, local community needs, and the needs of employment.
- To develop young people-centred teaching and learning strategies, which contribute to increased retention, achievement and progression.
- To prepare and monitor appropriate syllabuses, schemes of work, lesson plans, assignments, assessments and learning outcomes in line with Prospects Feltham YOI and awarding body requirements.
- To follow all processes relating to qualifications and examinations, including registration and submissions to validating bodies and liaison with the Prospects Feltham YOI Exams Officer, moderators and external verifiers in accordance with Prospects Feltham YOI policy.
- Occupationally competent in the Hospitality sector Possession of a relevant teaching or training qualification (e.g. DTTLS, PGCE).
- Possession of A1 Assessor Award (or equivalent) Experience of teaching on and assessing accredited Hospitality vocational qualifications from Entry Level to Level 3 Evidence of ability to assess effectively and to prepare relevant materials.
- An on-going interest in and knowledge of recent developments in Hospitality vocational qualifications
- An awareness of the pastoral and the vocational needs of young people from a variety of backgrounds and the ability to respond to those needs positively and sensitively.
- Commitment to an inclusive education
- An understanding of, and commitment to, equal opportunities policies and practical ideas for their implementation in this post.
Offer of employment to this role is subject to proof of relevant qualifications. If a candidate does not have a Level 2 in Maths and/or English, any offer made will be provisional and subject to satisfactory completion of these qualifications. Evidence of successful completion must be provided within six weeks from the date the provisional offer is made, or the offer will be revoked.