We are currently recruiting for a Business Development Officer to act as the lead throughout Scotland and increase income through services provided such as training, licensing, sponsorship and conferences. The successful candidate will have a Successful track record in business development in the public and private sectors as well as experience of developing sales plan and leading on strategies.
Both full and part time applications will be considered with a minimum of 3 days per week. Further to the annual salary a bonus/commission structure is also in place.
- Promote services via a strong stakeholder engagement plan to key health, care, housing and local authority areas along with domestic customers and professional advisors
- Meeting agreed sales target for licence agreements, training courses and conferences.
- Research and develop new contacts amongst target organisations
- Develop a thorough understanding of assistive technology and maintain an awareness of relevant developments.
- To develop a good understanding of the mechanisms by which assistive technology is made available to the public and maintain an awareness of relevant developments
- Carry out phone-based campaigns to identify prospects for our services and conferences using CRM to record and plan all contact.
- Provide fully costed proposals and tenders to potential customers to a high standard
- Develop and maintain a sound knowledge of the arenas in which we operate
- Develop and maintain a full understanding of current and planned services
- Plan and execute face-to-face presentations.
- Develop marketing and sales materials to support the role.
- Maintain clear and accurate records and contact reporting
- Provide market intelligence feedback
- Represent the group at key forums
Essential Person Specification:
- Ability to conduct customer research in preparation for sales contact
- Experience of customer account relationship management
- Experience of working in a target driven role
- Good working knowledge of the Assistive Technology (AT) industry
- Ability to build rapport, empathy and co-operation at all levels of interaction
- Results orientated, resilient and customer focused
- Confident to work independently and act as an ambassador for the group
- Self-motivated with a desire to achieve
- Good verbal, written, reporting and presenting skills
- Strong administration and organisational skills with experience of using office and CRM systems
- Ability to plan and implement schedules and deliver to agreed schedules
- Experience in working with health and social care commissioners.
- Good understanding of disability issues