Feltham YOI is a secure environment, full time roles will consist of 24 hours teaching and 12 hours non teaching per week. You will be subject to a DBS check and enhanced security clearance which can take approximately 6 weeks. These are NOT term time only posts.
- To teach on a range of courses as directed.
- To develop the curriculum in line with the national requirements, local community needs, and the needs of employment.
- To develop young people-centred teaching and learning strategies, which contribute to increased retention, achievement and progression.
- To prepare and monitor appropriate syllabuses, schemes of work, lesson plans, assignments, assessments and learning outcomes in line with Prospects Feltham YOI and awarding body requirements.
- To act as a member of appropriate teams and to liaise with colleagues in the design, delivery and evaluation of all aspects of the course.
- To provide regular feedback to young people and to give group and individual tutorial support to enable them to achieve maximum benefit from their course or programme.
- To follow all processes relating to qualifications and examinations, including registration and submissions to validating bodies.
- Occupationally competent in the Barbering sector and possession of a relevant teaching or training qualification (e.g. DTTLS, PGCE).
- Possession of A1 Assessor Award (or equivalent) and Experience of teaching and assessing accredited Barbering vocational qualifications from Entry Level to Level 3.
- Confident approach to all hair types
- An on-going interest in and knowledge of recent developments in Barbering qualifications
- An awareness of the pastoral and the vocational needs of young people from a variety of backgrounds and the ability to respond to those needs positively and sensitively.
- Commitment to an inclusive education
- An understanding of, and commitment to, equal opportunities policies and practical ideas for their implementation in this post.
- An understanding of and commitment to the welfare and safety of children, young people and vulnerable adults within a Further Education and Young Offenders Institution context.
By applying for this role, you are agreeing to your CV being held on our database, stored confidentially and securely. Your CV will be used and kept only to provide the recruitment services you have requested from us, we will only send your details to clients once discussed with you and your data will not be shared with any other third party. You can ask for the deletion or correction of your data, or to opt out of this service at any point by informing CFA.