We are currently recruiting a Payroll Administrator to ensure the delivery of new contracts throughout the Group. The successful candidates will need to have HR, Finance or Payroll administration experience and knowledge of payroll related tasks, Pensions and Government payments.
- Undertake payroll related tasks associated with new appointments, contract variations and leavers
- Payroll related tasks associated with maternity leave and HMRC Statutory payments e.g. SMP, SSP, etc.
- Support the administration of the company and external customer pension schemes, including annual returns
- Ensure the payroll database is regularly updated in relation to payroll and pension information.
- Contribute to the collation and production of payroll or pension related information or reports.
- Regular email and telephone communication with payroll customers, to include (but not limited to) payroll queries and secure data transfers.
- Provide user support for systems.
- Contributing to the efficient operation of the Payroll business unit by undertaking administrative duties when required.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the level of the post.
- Experience of working in a HR, payroll or finance team or extensive experience of working in an administrative role
- High level of numeracy demonstrated by either GCSE grade C or above in Maths, or an equivalent qualification
- High level of competence in use of software packages commonly used for processing data e.g. Microsoft Excel
- Ability to process information accurately, methodically and efficiently.
- Ability to organise own work to meet tight deadlines and objectives
- Ability to work confidentiality, with tact and discretion
- Must be proactive and take responsibility for getting things done
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Understanding of and commitment to equality and diversity
- Must have a flexible and adaptable approach to work