We are seeking an experienced Finance Assistant to assist with purchase invoice processing, nominal ledger. Postings and Cash Book also to provide accounting, clerical and administrative Support services to the Finance Department.
- Process purchase invoices onto the purchase ledger system for all Companies within the Group
- Processing invoices against Purchase Orders
- Weekly payment of suppliers on Purchase Ledger by BACS system
- Monthly cheque payment of any suppliers who have not, or are unable to supply BACS details
- Dealing with account enquiries from suppliers and staff within the Group
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Setting up new suppliers on the system
- To be responsible for one cash book within company Group and to provide holiday cover for main company cash book, as required
- Undertake a variety of financial, clerical and administrative functions to support the Finance Team
- Ensure the smooth operation of the Purchase Ledger and other duties commensurate with the nature and level of the post
- Knowledge of book keeping
- Knowledge of SAGE is essential
- Good organisational ability and a methodical approach to work
- High level of accuracy
- Ability to prioritise in a very busy environment
- Able to work under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable in the working environment in undertaking role
- Effective IT skills, especially MS Office
- Able to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to work effectively in a team
Prospects is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and eliminating discrimination, as a core value. We are determined that the principles of equality and diversity will underpin all our activities. We welcome applications from every section of the community, particularly from people with disabilities who are underrepresented in the Company."
By applying for this role, you are agreeing to your CV being held on our database, stored confidentially and securely. Your CV will be used and kept only to provide the recruitment services you have requested from us, we will only send your details to clients once discussed with you and your data will not be shared with any other third party. You can ask for the deletion or correction of your data, or to opt out of this service at any point by informing CFA.