Special Project Officer
£33k - £38K
The role will be based in London. National and international travel may be required.
We are currently recruiting for a Special Projects Officer for the Shaw Trust a progressive charity on an exciting journey to help five times more people over the next five years.
For over 30 years they have supported disabled and disadvantaged people to make positive changes to their lives through training and employment, and our ambitious plans need the right people to help us transform many more lives, in many more ways.
You will join the Chief Executive’s Office as a Special Projects Officer and will work closely with the Chief of Staff and support a wide range of projects, particularly related to Shaw Trust’s growth and diversification plan, and ensuring high quality governance across the Group.
This is a great opportunity to be at the centre of and gain a broad understanding of an enterprising, growing and unique third sector organisation.
This job will be highly rewarding, challenging and enjoyable, and would particularly suit some who is:
- Able to juggle a challenging and varied workload with competing priorities.
- Able to learn and understand new subject matters quickly
- Energetic, work flexibly and self-motivating
- Able to build strong working relationships with a wide variety of people
- Able to conduct independent research and briefings using a wide variety of techniques
The role will involve:
- Providing comprehensive special projects, governance, project and research support to the chief executive’s office and other senior executives.
- Applying a wide range of research methodologies to a high standard across a diverse range of subject areas.
- Synthesising research findings in a variety of formats (reports, summaries, and briefings).
- Evaluating and measuring the impact of projects, and scoping and implementing scalable solutions
- Assist the Chief of Staff as directed by undertaking relevant administrative duties including governance, project and research support for the chief executive’s office.
- Manage project and programme records and documentation.
- Provide support with, or lead the co-ordination of projects (UK and international) that the Chief of Staff assigns.
- Under the direction of the Chief of Staff and/or Project Leads, design and/or implement specific operational plans for each project/event.
Person specification for Project Officer:
Experience of providing research, briefings and project administration
Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail with a demonstrable record in meeting deadlines and using own initiative
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders (including international stakeholders whose first language may not be English)
A flexible approach with the ability to plan own daily workload, to work both independently and in a team, and to deal with multiple tasks and sometimes competing priorities
Experience of inclusive international development work
Experience of project planning and a practical understanding of good practice in project management
Experience of working on confidential strategic matters
Understanding of UK outsourced government services market
Working knowledge of the governing, statutory and regulatory frameworks applicable to the third sector is desirable
Interviews commencing week beginning 19th March
Closing Date Monday 12th March