We are looking for an enthusiastic Schools Engagement Officer to raise the profile of the National Citizen Service within schools and colleges in the East Devon area, through presentations, assemblies and meetings. To manage the pre-programme relationship with the participants and ensure their commitment to the programme.
You will encourage and motivate young people completing all phases of the NCS programme, including pre-programme engagement, two residentials, social action planning & delivery, graduation events and extension phase. If you have experience, passion and enthusiasm for work with young people we want to hear from you.
- Recruitment of Young People onto the NCS programme through presentations at assemblies, year groups, meetings, events and phone calls.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with schools, teachers and young people.
- Assist Young People and parents through the process of signing up to NCS from expression of interest through to turn up and completion.
- To respond to and deal with queries via telephone, email and in person providing a high standard of customer care for potential sign ups, parents and schools
- To work to and achieve sign-up targets of young people to the programme as specified by the delivery contract.
- To contact young people and/or their Parents/Carers to request information necessary for their sign-up to the NCS programme, by telephone, e-mail, social media and/or letter.
- To maintain records and databases of contacts made and sign ups completed, ensuring accuracy and completeness of all details.
- Assist the Contract Manager in producing internal and external reports and papers.
- Support in mentoring and training of new seasonal NCS staff.
- Support NCS Graduates in accessing additional volunteering opportunities.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and a persuasive personality with a can-do attitude.
- Experience of working directly with young people (either in a paid or voluntary capacity).
- Sales experience within a target environment.
- Good knowledge of the Devon area.
- Possess excellent time management, administration and problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills and experience of managing difficult customers effectively.
- Good knowledge of data protection and information security, and awareness of the need for confidentiality.
- Sensitive to handling of confidential information.
- Ability to use a variety of computerised administrative systems, including MS Excel and Word, as well as confidence in the use of databases.
- Flexible and adaptable, self-motivated with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise in a very busy environment, able to work under pressure.
- Flexible and adaptable in the working environment and able to work flexible hours as and when required.
- Able to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Able to work effectively in a team.
- Must be flexible to travel within the region and have access to own vehicle.
By applying for this role, you are agreeing to your CV being held on our database, stored confidentially and securely. Your CV will be used and kept only to provide the recruitment services you have requested from us , we will only send your details to clients once discussed with you and your data will not be shared with any other third party. You can ask for the deletion or correction of your data, or to opt out of this service at any point by informing CFA.