Relationship Manager, National Careers Service
Location - Birmingham & Solihull
Salary - £30-£33K,
Full Time - Permanent
Closing date 18 March 2018
To manage delivery across the local area by embedding the National Careers Service brand and delivery with key partners and in the local community. To manage a Payment by Results contract and ensure all aspects of contract performance are achieved. To ensure compliance and quality of performance is robust and of a high standard. To develop a team of Careers Advisers to provide high quality careers guidance and labour market information to all customers.
- Accountable to the Regional Operations Manager for managing the Prospects delivery team across the local area
- Responsible for brokering and maintaining key relationships in defined Local Authority areas, especially with Jobcentre Plus, training providers, colleges and Local Authority personnel. To be innovative and creative in embedding the service locally
- Support the Regional Operations Manager in maintaining key local relationships for National Careers Service partnership strand
- Manage a team of Careers Advisers and ensure delivery meets performance, quality and contract compliance targets
- Work with the Regional Operations Manager to ensure Prospects delivery meets overall contractual targets
- Monitor delivery of Careers Advisers in defined locales, ensuring geographical coverage and effective delivery, including sourcing new venues and delivery locations
- Ensure adherence to the company’s equalities and diversity policy.
Other duties commensurate with the level and nature of the post
- Proven experience of managing a PBR contract and can demonstrate high performance levels achieved. A background in Careers Guidance, Skills/Employability or Welfare to Work is required demonstrating moving customers into accredited learning and employment
- Demonstrable experience of managing careers advisers, including motivating and supporting team members
- Ability to communicate, network and negotiate effectively with individuals and groups, within the company and outside.
- Ability to represent the company and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Good report writing skills, attention to detail and ability to understand and define contractual requirements
- Ability to manage and interpret data to manage performance of the advisers
- A relevant degree or management qualification or proven experience at the required level
- Understanding of and commitment to implementing equal opportunities in all aspects of work with an understanding of and commitment to promoting equality and diversity.
- Expected to travel within the local area.
"Prospects is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and eliminating discrimination, as a core value. We are determined that the principles of equality and diversity will underpin all our activities. We welcome applications from every section of the community, particularly from people with disabilities who are underrepresented in the Company."