Full & Part time roles are available and salary ranges from £24,211 to £36,592 per annum depending on qualifications and experience.
Successful candidates will be subject to a DBS and enhanced security clearance.
About HMPYOI Feltham
HMYOI Feltham is a Young Offenders Institute located in Feltham, London.
Prospects provides education for all young people within Feltham Young Offenders Institution and has increased the number of hours a young person in custody at Feltham spends in education each week to equip them with qualifications and skills to break the cycle of reoffending when they leave detention.
The establishment’s regime includes academic education (full/part-time), workshops and vocational training in a wide range of industry.
Responsibilities (to include but aren’t limited to)
- To develop the curriculum in line with national requirements, local community needs, and the needs of employment.
- To develop young people-centred teaching and learning strategies, which contribute to increased retention, achievement and progression.
- To provide regular feedback to young people and to give group and individual tutorial support to enable them to achieve maximum benefit from their course or programme.
- To support the Employer Engagement Manager in the development of work placement, and work based learning opportunities for the young people.
- Possession of a teaching qualification (PGCE or equivalent)
- Degree, equivalent professional qualifications, or extensive industrial experience in your specialist area(s)
- Experience of teaching accredited qualifications from your specialist area(s) from Entry Level to Level 3
- An awareness of the pastoral and the academic needs of young people from a variety of backgrounds and the ability to respond to those needs positively and sensitively.
- Commitment to an inclusive education
- An understanding of, and commitment to, equal opportunities policies and practical ideas for their implementation in this post.
- An understanding of and commitment to the welfare and safety of children, young people and vulnerable adults within a Further Education and Young Offenders Institution context.
- 26 days holiday rising to 28 after 10 years’ service
- Group personal pension plan
- Access to various salary sacrifice schemes such as Child vouchers, cycle2work
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Schemes
“Prospects is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and eliminating discrimination, as a core value.
We are determined that the principles of equality and diversity will underpin all our activities.
We welcome applications from every section of the community, particularly from people with disabilities who are underrepresented in the Company.”