We are recruiting for an outreach and engagement officer to work across ten boroughs in North and East London on an ESF contract to support refuges into employment.
You will be required to engage with our target groups and register participants onto the employment programmes, particularly through refugee community organisations, Job Centre Plus and Local Authorities.
You will build relationships and partnerships with organisations to promote the programme and to build referral and signposting mechanisms. Keep accurate participant files and records, paper based and electronic, and produce output evidence stencils for the compilation of monitoring returns for funders.
- Experience working with unemployed adults, particularly those of refugee status and from varied backgrounds
- Planning and undertaking outreach and engagement activities and events
- Relationship building and maintenance with agencies in the statutory and voluntary sectors
- Working with partners and networks to identify and access their participant base
- Working in a target driven environment
- Planning and undertaking outreach and engagement within the welfare to work sector
- A high level of communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- To prioritise and plan a heavy work load, manage time and meet tight deadlines
- Administrative skills, including maintaining accurate records, using IT (Microsoft Office) including participant management systems.
- Organisational skills
- Plan and organise events
- Team working, but the ability to work with little supervision at times
- DBS certificate required