We are seeking a Schools Engagement Officer to work on the National Citizen Service (NCS) programme designed to support young people to participate in activities which will develop their sense of responsibility and encourage them to be active in their local communities.
This role involves working as part of small team engaging with schools, parents and young people (16- 17 year olds) to present the programme to Young People with an aim of signing them up.
The role will involve:
- Identifying key contacts in schools and colleges and building relationships to promote NCS benefits of the programme
- Presenting at Year 11 & 12 assemblies and parent evenings to promote the NCS programme and its benefits
- Identifying other areas/ places of engagement with young people to promote and recruit to the NCS (National Citizen Service) programme (e.g. youth clubs/ charities)
- Regular communication with the young people and parents
- You must be passionate, confident and enthusiastic about selling the NCS programme
- Excellent communication skills, persuasive and friendly with the ability to build relationships
- Demonstrable public speaking skills
- Track record of meeting targets
- Sales experience
- Good research skills
- Ability to travel across Essex and surrounding areas
- Experience of working with young people
- ICT skills particularly Excel skills
By applying for this role, you are agreeing to your CV being held on our database. This will be stored confidentially and securely. Your CV will be used and kept only to provide the recruitment services you have requested from us, we will only send your details to clients once discussed with you and your data will not be shared with any other third party. You can ask for the deletion or correction of your data, or to opt out of this service at any point by informing CFA.